Washington, DC – The National Council on Problem Gambling (NCPG) is proud to announce the 2023 NCPG National Awards recipients. The awards ceremony was held on Friday, July 28 in Washington, D.C. at the National Conference on Gambling Addiction & Responsible Gambling 2023. The award ceremony was exclusively sponsored by Scientific Games.
The award recipients were chosen based on outstanding individual and organizational accomplishments in the field of problem gambling and responsible gambling.
2023 NCPG National Award Recipients:
– Don Feeney Award for Responsible Gambling Excellence: Martin Lycka Sr. VP of American Regulatory Affairs And Responsible Gambling, Entain
– Denise Phillips Community Outreach and Multicultural Wellness Award: Eunice Aviles Psy.D., MHC, AASECT
– Don Hulen Annual Award for Advocacy: Jeffrey Marotta Ph.D.
– Jeffrey M. Beck Recovery Ambassador Award: Gloria Block
– Joanna Franklin Annual Award for Direct Service: Janet Miller, MS, LAC, CCGC, CCDP-D
– Durand Jacobs Doctoral Dissertation Award: Ke Zhang, Ph.D.
– Jim Wuelfing Annual Award for Prevention: Amanda Jo Burke, Ph.D., CTRS, CHES (Awarded Posthumously)
– Corporate Social Responsibility Award: DraftKings
– Affiliate People’s Choice Award: Virginia Council on Problem Gambling
– Corporate People’s Choice Award: Ohio for Responsible Gambling
– Gift Responsibly Campaign Award: Virginia Lottery
– Affiliate Multicultural Communications Award: Illinois Council on Problem Gambling
– Corporate Multicultural Communications Award: New Jersey Lottery
– Affiliate Public Awareness Award: Evergreen Council on Problem Gambling
– Corporate Public Awareness Award: Ohio for Responsible Gambling
– Affiliate Website Award: Minnesota Alliance on Problem Gambling
– Corporate Website Award: The Ohio Lottery Commission
– Affiliate Newsletter Award: Minnesota Alliance on Problem Gambling
– Corporate Newsletter Award: North Carolina Education Lottery
– Media Award: WNWO-TV
About the National Council on Problem Gambling
The National Council on Problem Gambling (NCPG) is the only national nonprofit organization that seeks to mitigate gambling-related harm. NCPG is neutral on legalized gambling. If you or someone you know may have a gambling problem, contact the National Problem Gambling Helpline, which offers hope and help without stigma or shame. Call 1-800-GAMBLER, text 800GAM, or visit www.1800gamblerchat.org. Help is available 24/7 – it is free and confidential.