Thank you for supporting NCPG in the fight to provide help and hope to people experiencing gambling addiction or problem gambling; to their families, and to their communities.
NCPG’s Board of Directors, staff and stakeholders extend our heartfelt thanks for your support. You drive NCPG’s mission and provide help and hope to the people who benefit from our programs andresources.
It’s easy to give online at www.ncpgambling.org/donatenow!
Or download the NCPG donation form
here (pdf) and return it by mail
with your check (address is on the form) or fax
it to 202.547.9206 with credit card payment information.
Click on the links to the left for acknowledgements of gifts from individual donors and corporate contributions, including gifts made in honor of or in memoriam
for a loved one or mentor. NCPG’s Board of Directors, staff and stakeholders extend our heartfelt thanks for your support.
How to Give
Your gift of $10, $30 for over 30 conferences or $40 for over 40 years of service will help to:
–increase public awareness of gambling addiction,
–ensure the widespread availability of treatment for people affected by gambling addiction or problem gambling, and
–encourage research and programs for prevention and education
No gift is too small and all gifts are welcome
– together we can help reduce the negative outcomes for people who get caught up in this devastating disorder.
It’s easy to give online
You can fax
your gift with credit card payment by downloading the NCPG donation form
(pdf) and sending it to 202.547.9206.
your check along with the NCPG donation form
National Council on Problem Gambling
730 11th Street, NW
Washington, DC 20001
Federal Tax I.D. #51-0141872
Why you should give
Please support the National Council on Problem Gambling. Your gift of $10, $30 for National Conferences or $40 for over 40 years of service
will help provide support for the National Problem Gambling Helpline, the National Conference and our public awareness and advocacy programs. No gift is too small and all gifts are welcome – together we can make a big difference.
NCPG’s programs include:
- National Problem Gambling Helpline Network (800.522.4700): Local problem gambling help is just one call away anywhere in the US. The Helpline received over 313,000 calls in 2012, all of which were instantly routed (like 911) to the appropriate state or regional call center. The Helpline is the only such service in America for gamblers and is the only access to help in many states. In 2014 we will work on extending access via text and online chat.
- National Conference on Problem Gambling: The oldest and largest annual conference in the world dedicated to problem gambling issues. Over 500 regulators, legislators, counselors, researchers, industry executives and recovering gamblers attended in Seattle 2013. Attendees can earn up to 30 hours of CEU’s while increasing the breadth and depth of their knowledge on many different facets of problem gambling and responsible gaming. Join us in Orlando, Florida for our 2014 Conference from July 9 – 12!
- National Problem Gambling Awareness Month (NPGAM): Our annual nationwide campaign in March educates healthcare providers about problem gambling and promotes public awareness of responsible gambling practices. Last year our radio, print and TV public service announcements reached a combined audience of over 100 million. Due to popular demand, this has been expanded to the entire month of March 2014.
- Holiday Lottery Campaign: encourages adults to consider the age of the recipient in gifting lottery products because research indicates that playing the lottery at a young age can increase the potential for problem gambling later in life. We partner with lottery organizations (38 so far in 2013) by providing resources such as press release samples and advertising materials, to be used in their own campaigns.
- National communications, including website, newsletter, point of contact for media
- National referral directory of counselors and treatment facilities that offer gambling-specific treatment
Here are a few important numbers about the work
that you and NCPG have accomplished together in the last year.
1 Nationwide helpline number (800-422-5700) for 28 years
27 Call centers around the country, staffed 24/7 to help people in crisis
296,000 Calls received (1 call every 96 seconds) in 2013
We know that, behind the numbers, each problem gambler is part of a wider circle of family and community. Research shows each problem gambler affects up to 20 loved ones
and colleagues – millions more numbers that are actually people.
NCPG is the most objective voice
on problem gambling and responsible gaming issues, with over 40 years of a history of impartiality and independence. In conjunction with our state Affiliate chapters, we are in constant communication with important stakeholders
from government agencies, gaming companies, treatment facilities and counselors, research groups and recovery communities. We also serve as an important source of information
for journalists and legislators from across the country, who can and do call us every day with questions both basic and complex; as well as stakeholders of every kind.