Each year the National Council on Problem Gambling honors individuals and organizations for their work on problem gambling and responsible gambling issues. The process is overseen by the NCPG Awards Committee. Please note the the NCPG Awards have undergone many changes over the past four decades, so the current criteria do not necessarily apply to previous awards.
For information on the most recent and past Awards Recipients and other Awards History, click here.
2021 Awards Nominations will open for submissions on May 17.
– You must have an active (current) NCPG Membership in order to submit a nomination.
– 2021 Awards are for work that was completed or activities that occurred between January 1, 2020 and December 31, 2020.
– All nominations and accompanying materials must be submitted online.
– Please carefully follow the criteria outlined below for each award. Any nomination that does not meet criteria, is incomplete, or is received after due date for nominations will not be considered.
– Award winners are selected based on the merits of the nomination materials. It is extremely important that submission(s) for nomination(s) be complete. Since Members of the awards committee may not be familiar with a nominee, it is vital that nomination materials provide adequate information regarding the justification for the award. This information should include specific examples, verification of facts, letters of support, and any other items necessary to make your case. A poorly crafted or incomplete nomination may result in another candidate receiving the award.
– The Awards Committee reserves the right to solicit additional information regarding nominees at any time.
steps to submit a nomination
Step One: Familiarize yourself with the criteria for the award you are interested in.
Step Two: Gather all necessary documentation and have it ready to upload.
Step Three: Know your NCPG Membership Expiration Date.
Step Four: Log into Judgify (link available starting May 17, 2021)
Judging: NCPG’s Committees, made up of Members and volunteers from across the country, are active participants in the National Awards process.
-The Awards Committee oversees the Lifetime Awards and the selection process for the Annual Awards for Direct Service and Advocacy, as well as for the Corporate Social Responsibility Award.
-The Research Committee conducts the Research, Dissertation, and Master’s Thesis Awards.
-The Communications Committee conducts the selection of the various communications awards, as well as the Holiday Lottery Responsible Gambling Campaign.
-The Prevention Committee oversees the selection of the Prevention Awards.
submission deadline for 2021 awards is June 14
AWARDS DESCRIPTIONS AND CRITERIA