BOARD APPROVED CLINICAL CONSULTANTS (BACC) CRITERIA
The International Gambling Counselor Certification Board lists the following requirements for Board Approved Clinical Consultants or BACCs:
- Graduate Degree or equivalent, subject to IGCCB approval (i.e., advanced certification in addictions or mental health including their recognition at a supervisory level by a state or International certification organization) from the behavioral health field from an accredited institution.
- Maintain both an ICGC-II (Internationally Certified Gambling Counselor, level II) for an approved length of time and appropriate state licensure or certification as a qualified health professional and equivalent that allows for independent practice.
- Demonstrated experience of at least three years as a clinical supervisor in a clinical setting.
- Completion of at least 12 hours of course works classes, in-service education or seminars on “how to do clinical supervision.”
- Have expertise and experience in the content area of disordered gambling as demonstrated by both of the following:
- Have a minimum of 4,000 hours of direct contact clinical work with individuals with a gambling disorder and/or persons affected by disordered gambling. This can include the 2,000 direct contact hours documented for completion of the ICGC-II requirements.
- Have a minimum of one year of work with individuals with a gambling disorder and/or persons affected by disordered gambling post the date of ICGC-II certification.
- Two letters of reference, one of which is from a current BACC, that address supervisory and clinical competence in the field of gambling disorder treatment.
- IGCCB reserves the right to require a written analysis of a case example provided by the IGCCB and/or an oral interview to further assess an applicant’s qualifications.
To Become a BACC
If you believe you are eligible, please forward documentation of meeting the above-mentioned requirements to the NCPG office ATTN: Certification Board via email or mail. Please only send in gambling treatment material as evidence of gambling treatment expertise. Once reviewed, a letter indicating your status will be forwarded. Please allow 4-6 weeks for review.