Ronald Fisher’s Flamingo Scholarship
Ronald Fisher’s family and friends are pleased to offer a scholarship to the 31st National Conference on Problem Gambling in his memory. Ron is a well-known and well-loved personality in Oregon’s mental health and addiction treatment world who passed away recently. He would have celebrated his 60th birthday in April 2017.
Ron Fisher, NCGC-II, BACC, CADCII, CGAC-II has always been a proponent of recovery, education and training in his field. He served on the ACCBO board and was a NAADAC certified examiner. He was one of the Oregon State Compliance Officers. This scholarship is a continuation of his work and his story that ended too soon.
The scholarship will provide for one person to receive:
- Individual NCPG Membership for 12 months
- Registration for the National Conference on Problem Gambling, July 19-22, 2017 in Portland:, including Pre-Conference Workshops, Main Conference, Friday Highlight Networking Event
Applicant Criteria for 2017:
- Applicants must be a resident of a rural area in eastern Oregon as defined by HHS.
- Applicants must be involved in problem gambling counseling work.
- Applicants must be willing and able to attend all four days of the conference and the Highlight Event and must make best efforts to do so.
- Travel costs are not included; applicant must be able to provide or obtain travel arrangements.
- Any non-U.S. citizen who applies is not on a published “Specifically Designated Nationals” terrorism watch list.
- Submit a statement or description of your training and experience in problem gambling counseling. Include a statement about what you want to learn at the conference including any particular speakers/topics that you are specifically interested in, and how attending the conference would help you in your work. Submit a wrap-up statement two weeks afterward.
- Submit a personal biography of no more than 500 words.
- Complete the application form and additional documents and submit them by the deadline: Monday, July 17, 2017 at 12 noon EDT. Fax and email information is below.
- An applicant who is awarded the scholarship, but fails to attend, forfeits the scholarship.
Applications will be reviewed by a committee, whose members do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, gender, sexual orientation, handicap or national/ethnic origin. Committee members, directors and employees of NCPG, or any family member of such committee members, directors, and employees, are ineligible to receive this scholarship.
Send applications to:
Ronald Fisher Flamingo Scholarship
c/o National Council on Problem Gambling
email@example.com | 202.547.9206 fax