NASPL-NCPG RGV (Responsible Gaming Verification) Program for Lottery Organizations
The North American State and Provincial Lotteries (NASPL) and the National Council on Problem Gambling (NCPG) launched a responsible gaming verification program in 2016.
Please see the program guidelines for detailed information.
NASPL Insights Magazine October 2016 article on the program: insights-oct-2016-issue-rgv-article
Four lotteries achieved verification during the initial Trial Phase:
- Kentucky Lottery Corporation–Implementation Level. Expires August 2019
- North Carolina Education Lottery–Implementation Level. Expires August 2019
- Oregon State Lottery–Implementation Level. Expires August 2019
- Virginia Lottery–Planning Level. Expires August 2018
Lotteries achieving verification during Phase Two will be announced soon.
Lotteries wishing to apply for Phase Three should submit an application statement (250 words or less) by the deadline below that includes:
- background as to why the organization/jurisdiction is seeking verification
- the Lottery’s willingness to accept help from other jurisdictions who have participated in the process
- what level, if any, of the World Lottery Association’s (WLA’s) responsible gaming certification has already been achieved by the organization/jurisdiction
Phase Three February-July 2017:
- Program application statements due to NCPG – Feb 24, 2017
- Jurisdictions named – March 3, 2017
- Documentation due from states – May 2, 2017
- Assessment panel sends results to NCPG – May 26, 2017
- Verification results announced to pilot jurisdictions – July 12, 2017
Please direct any questions or concerns about this program to Andrew White at NASPL (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Lissa Cobetto at NCPG (email@example.com).